Kent's direct links

I'm an Angel Tree Warrior


Tax Deductible Donations

 photo belowpic-2.png

Monday, November 3, 2014

Down's Syndrome

Kent has Down's Syndrome.  You can tell by how his eyes are more angled than most Asian children.  This is just something that makes Kent special.

What is Down's Syndrome?  It is when one of the chromosomes has an "extra" copy of itself.  It is often called "Trisomy 21" because the 21st pair of chromosomes are the ones usually affected.
http://www.webmd.com/children/guide/understanding-down-syndrome-basics

People with Down's have some degree of mental retardation, but don't allow that to "scare" you away from My Boy, Kent.  


I have worked with Down's kids when I worked in retail.  They are the SWEETEST kids.  The Down's kids can learn and be taught.  They are as smart as they are challenged...  The kids I worked with were sweet, friendly, listened, followed directions.  And just as cute as can be... Like my Kent.

Kent at last update was receiving therapies, he was learning how to hold his head up, sit, stand and walk.  Most Down's kids meet their milestones with just a little lagging behind their same aged peers...  It all depends on Family and access to programs like "Babies Can't Wait" and getting them into the therapies they need to develop and grow into all their potential.

I know my college I was attending a few years ago had begun an Associate's degree program and there were a few young adults with Down's enrolled.  Driving, holding a job, getting married and having a family and a college education are dreams any family can have for their child... Down's kids can have those SAME dreams and goals...

I am  raising funds for KENT.  He needs a family willing to take on his challenges... There are two ways to help.

1) Is my Tupperware Fundraiser for Kent's Angel Tree fund.  I hope to raise a thousand dollars.  Kent will get 40% of TOTAL Sales.  so if I can sell $2500 in Tupperware products.... Kent's got his funding to help his forever family find him and get him home. 
here is the direct link: 
http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/!twx$eparty_ctl.p_guest_welcome?pv_eparty=60e41884834aa010f194de485a433bdd

2) His Angel Tree direct donation link.  Donations made thru Paypal should have the 2.5% that Paypal takes out added so he gets the FULL benefit of any direct donations.
Here's that link: 
"http://static.reecesrainbow.org/donation-box/Kent-Asia.html"
I Soooo WANT Kent to have his needs met.  Living in an orphanage is living in an orphanage... What Kent NEEDS is a momma.  and Single Moms can apply.

Here's Kent's Reece's Rainbow link:

http://reecesrainbow.org/58950/kent-2

No comments:

Post a Comment